Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mmmmmm... (with eyes closed)

Today is wonderful!

I have the windows open and the sky just finished giving a delicious albeit short fall rain that was wonderful to listen to. I have 2 girls asleep, 2 thinking that I think they are asleep but really I am quite aware that they are sitting on their floor reading books, and one little munchkin belly-down in front of the front glass door enjoying all the colors outside and demonstrating it by kicking the floor as ferociously as she can and squealing occasionally.

I just made refried beans for the first time and they turned out quite delicious if I do say so myself. In a few minutes I am going to fire up the grill and get the chicken cooked so that I can chop it for tonight's dinner (which is burritos and brown rice.)

Currently, the house is all picked up. It will cease to be that way once all 5 girls are up and playing again. But that's ok. It feels nice for the moment.

I almost have all the laundry done. This is a GREAT feeling for me. I hate doing laundry.

My nose is tickled by the Dewberry Dreams Scented Oil Candle that's burning on the bar.

There is wonderful classical music in the background. Mixed with Eily's gurgling it is the best sound my ears could be hearing- I think. (And I'm sure if you were here you would agree.)

4 comments:

Christiana said...

Sounds like a great day! :)

Myers Mama said...

Isn't it nice when it all comes together!?

Debbi said...

you should be a writer. I actually felt I was there. Even smelled the food:)

nanny said...

Oh wow!!! I am sooooo impressed and jealous!!! Love to think what it was like.