Monday, March 05, 2012

A Quick Update

Guess what? I failed already. Nora woke up at 5:45 for her morning feeding and I thought, "Alright. This is perfect. When she is done I'll put her back in bed and it will be time to start my day." You know what happened? I got back in bed. It was a night filled with ups and downs and that much interrupted sleep can make this mama grumpy. I thought it best for everyone if I got a little more shut eye.

But I am not disheartened at all. I know that tomorrow I will try again. Yes, it is ten and we are just now sitting down to do school, but really, I think I can say that we have already completed some school since the girls have picked up their rooms, made their beds (and my bed!), vacuumed the house, ate breakfast, brushed their teeth and got dressed for the day. At their ages, all those things are still learning chores.

Now, on to the "real" school!

2 comments:

Margaretta said...

you didn't fail, bekah. you made a really good first effort. and it was progress. and next time you'll make a little more progress, and each time after that.

you're doing a really good thing. just think how it's going to feel when it's habit.

AIMA said...

It does help to get up earlier, but it's awfully hard with a baby who wakes during the night. I hope it encourages you to know that, in my experience (which, I know, is limited), it gets TONS easier as the youngest gets older. You'll wake up at 6:00 one morning after sleeping through the night for a week or more and realize that you actually have the energy to be virtuous! This phase only lasts a little while. You're doing great!