Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daily Life

I didn't really get much packing done yesterday. I packed up one of the three hall closets. This packing thing is stressful. I don't think it's stressful for me in the same way that it's stressful for others. My stress comes from the mess and clutter that is EVERYWHERE.  For some reason, I feel like I should be keeping my house just as picked up and normal looking as it was before and it's proving to be very difficult. You can't even see the top of the dining room table. As I'm going through the rooms, I'm looking for odds and ends and then categorizing them in piles on the table. And while that will be nice for unpacking, it's making me go crazy right now. And I can't bring myself to put things in a box that don't make sense together.  For example, I went around collecting candles, candlesticks, etc... and there was still a lot of room in the box. I had plenty of items that were on the table that needed to be packed, but I spent five minutes walking around until I decided that lamps would be appropriate to pack with candles. So I packed up most of the lamps. See? I'm crazy.

In other news, the girls have been finishing up the last week of their swimming lessons. The older three can now all do the breaststroke, freestyle, the backstroke and sort of dive. Eily is hilarious to watch do the freestyle. She swishes her arms around as fast as she possibly can and kicks and pumps her little legs with all the energy and strength she can muster, but she moves across the water at a pace that is just barely faster than not moving at all. She's just so tiny that she doesn't go anywhere. The teacher always grabs the top of her swimsuit and pulls her along the pool and when Eily gets to the other side, she pops that head up, grins from ear to ear and says, "I did it, Mama! The whole way!!" It's adorable.

Night before last, Claire had her retainer on the dresser beside her bed, and was taking a drink of water. As she put her metal thermos-type-thing back down on the dresser, she slammed it on top of the retainer.  SNAP.  So today we will spend some time and money at the dentist have new molds and a new retainer made.

Babies are starting to stir so I need to get off here. I hope you all have a fantastic day!

No comments: