Sunday, August 04, 2013

It took five years but we are out!

The first day:
Well, we made it. We packed and packed and packed and loaded and loaded and loaded and then unloaded and unloaded and unloaded. Apparently the theme of this summer is It Shall Not Happen Easily or Without Drama. During the course of moving everything from the house to the storage unit, Jason hurt his ankle very, very badly. By supper time, he was in some intense pain and was unable to walk at all. He's now in a brace and using crutches to get around.

Bedtime:
It took a good hour or more of crying and discipline, but we finally convinced Nora that she had to stay in her bed and go to sleep. Then, I got the three other girls to settle down and drifted off myself. And then around three or four, Claire woke up with a stomach virus and that's what we did for the rest of the morning.

I still have to go back and clean out the pantry and the fridge. And I still need to vacuum, clean the bathrooms, etc... But then we are finished with the ol' house on Christy Lane. Blogging might be a little spotty this week because we have a lot of appointments but I promise I'm going to try to get back to it as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Laura Kathryn said...

I think it is also the theme of your life. :)