Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shhh. Do you hear that?

It's silence.

Mom took the three older girls to her house to stay the night tonight so it's just me and Baby here. She's sacked out on a mattress on the floor in the living room and in a few minutes I'm going to do the same on the couch. There's nothing like a nap at five in the afternoon.

We are repainting bedrooms (thus the mattress on the floor) and the chaos of furniture and toys everywhere is getting to me just a little bit. That and the fact that Jason has been gone for fifteen days. I'm just weary of all the change and I'm sure the girls are too. Going to Nanny's house will be a nice little break from the topsy-turvyness of their home.

As for Nora, she's doing great and is the cutest thing you'll ever see. She looks nothing like her picture on the side of the page but my camera broke and Jason has the good camera with him. I know! What a terrible time to not be able to take pictures but I will try to get a replacement photo posted as soon as I can. Nora had her two week check up this week and she's grown two inches and gained a pound. She already can't wear newborn diapers and some of her newborn-sized clothing. I hate that Jason missed her super tiny stage. He loves that stage so much.
.
But he's finally coming home and we only have one room left to paint and everything will become normal once again just like it always does. And then I'll want to have another baby. HA! Just kidding. As happy as I am every time I have a baby, I know that I am done. And it feels nice to have closure on that part of life. I'm excited to just concentrate on the the raising and nurturing aspect of parenting.

Eily turns three tomorrow. Be looking for her birthday montage.

No comments: