Friday, September 23, 2011

30 years of Thanks

Today I turn thirty. And I'm excited about it.

Thank you to the ladies who took me out to dinner. Thank you for the VERY LOUD birthday song you sang to me in the middle of Marketplace. Thank you for waiting until most of the other customers had left before singing.

Thank you, Misty and Thomas, for supper last night and for the delicious birthday cake. Thank you for always wanting to hang out with us and always feeding us.

Thank you to my girls for the adorable, off-key birthday song. Thank you for the excited smiles you gave in my honor. Thank you for your sweet, smelly morning-breath kisses. Thank you for sleeping in this morning.

Thank you, Jason, for my breakfast coffee. Thank you for marrying me. Thank you for saying yes to four babies even though my pregnancies are probably harder on you than me. Thank you for working hard 24/7 so that I can stay home with the girls.

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with Jason, Elaina Ceridwen, Rachel Claire, Eily Edith and Nora James. Thank you for placing me with Mark and Pam Green. Thank you for my 5 siblings who I love and who still love me. (I think.) Thank you for my church. Thank you for amazing, Godly grandparents who played, and still play such important roles in my life and the lives of my family. Grandparents who love my children as much as they love me and who continue to be wonderful examples. Thank you for Nana, who may not always remember us but is still so excited to see us and wants us to stay all day. Thank you for my in-laws that love me and consider me their daughter.  In-laws who put up with my traveled-out cranky self and constant "no's." Thank you for my Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I can't believe how much I love them.

Thank you for thirty years of wonderful memories.

Love,
Rebekah

3 comments:

Emily Baker said...

Love it! Great idea to write out your thoughts of thankfulness. Happy Birthday! 30 has been pretty good to me, so I'm sure it will be to you, too!

nanny said...

That is so sweet Rebekah. Thank you for being the daughter you are. I have been blessed by you.

Debbi said...

very sweet and from the heart;) We are all truly blessed to share the amount of love that we all do for one another. happy birthday!!again:)