Saturday, April 21, 2012

The plague is upon us.

Near the end of yesterday, we ran into Target to get some diapers and wet wipes and on the way out, we made a quick stop at the bathrooms to change a diaper and let everyone go to the bathroom. Nora, Eily and I finished first and were waiting by the family bathroom door for the other two girls. Nora found a nice, old man to wave and smile at, and all of the sudden, she was throwing up all over the floor. She kept gagging and gagging but at the same time waving and waving. We got everyone and everything cleaned up and loaded ourselves in the van. All the way home she kept throwing up bile. It was very pitiful. Once we got home, I cleaned her up, lined her crib with towels and put her down. She threw up a few times before finally going to sleep for good. I went to bed close to midnight, and at 1:00am I was back up with Claire. She was siting on the toilet when it hit so it went all over the cabinet, walls and floor. I cleaned her up, made her a pallet in my room and started in on the bathroom. Let me tell you, that stench....well, it was basically indescribable. So around 1:30 in the morning I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom walls and baseboards. Not to mention the puddle on the floor. Ooooh, that puddle. I had a hard time working my way through that one. Claire threw up about four more times but currently seems to be over it. Claire is our best patient. She is so calm and quite and in control when she is sick.
Nora woke up at eight this morning and was in her usual smiley, bouncy mood. Apparently the virus is a short one. And I am very, very thankful for that.

I am also thankful for caffeine.

2 comments:

AIMA said...

Yuck.

AMAY said...

Soo sorry!