Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Harmony Hill 2014 and other Things

We have been home from camp for a few days now.
I"m not sure why, but I have had a really hard time bouncing back this year. I have been sleepy. Super, duper sleepy. There have been years where I have had much less sleep, and years where the temperatures were so hot that it took all my energy just to walk, but never have I come back feeling so exhausted. I'm just going to chalk it up to getting older because I don't know what else it could be.
Imani

If I stay on schedule with my chore list for today, I should have all the Harmony Hill equipment put away and all the laundry washed and folded. I will count this as a major accomplishment. Because it is.
Teague


I'm attending my first Classical Conversations Practicum this weekend. I'm very excited about it because I feel like I signed up to be the director but haven't really done anything to learn how to be the director.
Ryan

Since we've been home, I've been trying to go as long as possible without buying groceries. At first, it seemed as if we had nothing to eat, but I'm figuring out how to be creative and we have had some really yummy, filling meals.
Claire, Elaina, and Lillie
 These pictures were taken on our "nice" camera and obviously, I only thought to bring it with me on one day. But that's ok. Maybe next year I'll do better. Enjoy what few photos I did take.
A wind-blown Nora

Claire

Nora and Elaina

Eily and Catherine Palmer

Lukey

Claire and Eily

Teague

Weird shadow photo of Ryan and Nora

Josie Claire

Aunt Pretty and Eily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor lukey is just in an awkward smiling phase.

Caitlin said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else isn't done unpacking. I'm supposed to be finishing it up right now, but am I? No. I am eating a cookie. Of course, you have four excuses I don't have. Though I do have one myself, sort of.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had too much fun!

That's super nifty that you've signed up for Classical Conversations. Dad II (aka Mike Rogers) just recently became director of the Classical Conversations branch in Gadsden. And Mama actually just got a new job in Tulsa, OK at a classical school. Seems like that stuff is really taking off. Hope you enjoy it!

Love you, lady.