Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reston, Virginia and Washington D.C. Days One and Two

We had a wonderful time on our first real vacation since our honeymoon. I'm not feeling very wordy today so this post will be mostly pictures with a sentence or two in between.

This was Jason waiting for our bus that would take us from the airport to the hotel in Reston. It was very, very cold and very, very windy.
















The next morning I set out for DC while Jason attended workshops at the conference.
This was my very first glimpse of DC. It was thrilling, exhilarating and overall, quite lovely. And the weather was perfect.















I loved this policeman on horseback. You don't ever see this in AR.
















I'm ashamed to admit that the whole time I was walking towards this I thought it was the capitol. My map was turned the wrong direction. And apparently, I'm not very smart.















This was right before the Lincoln Memorial...or is it Monument. I get confused. I'm not sure what this is called or what it is supposed to represent but I like it.


















Mr. Lincoln.























Standing on the steps of the Lincoln Monument/memorial looking towards the Washington M/M and the capitol.

















There were people holding signs saying that they were giving away free hugs and right as I was about to take a picture of it these two boys picked this young lady up and started to run away with her.















The Vietnam War M/M. Very moving.


















After walking what seemed like forever, I finally got to stand across the street and take a picture of the White House through a gap in the shrubbery. It was a little disappointing.


















I loved this. I was walking faster than these people were going. But I have to say, the driver was giving it all he had.

















The Metro. This was one of the funnest things about my adventure. I felt like I was in a movie about New York.

















It made my hair fly around as it whizzed by.
















And this is the reason I only walked around DC for a few hours.
It hurt so very bad.






























No comments: