Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mac-N-Cheese with Butternut Squash

Today for lunch I thought I would give my Christmas present to myself a test run.

Yesterday when doing my grocery run I picked up a (HUGE) butternut squash. I know nothing about butternut squashes.

First I had to cut the stem off the squash and then cut it lengthwise. That proved to be quite a chore. I really need to get a good knife. Then I baked them flesh side down at 400 degrees for a little less than an hour.
















After that, I scooped out the flesh and pureed it. This would have been a lot easier if my blender hadn't quit working about halfway through.
































I bagged 1/2 cup portions into zip lock baggies to store in the freezer. I want to put some in an ice tray later to freeze for Eily.

















Then I cooked up what is just about the best recipe for Mac-N-Cheese that I have ever tasted.

















Did it pass the picky-eaters? You guess!

1 comment:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

SOOOOO CUTE!! Love their smiles!! That Mac n cheese looks GOOD! I am so going to do this! Thanks again by the way..wink wink!