The winner is ellie-bird. She was the first person to answer and she answered every question correctly. Horray ellie!
The suprise winner is Margeretta. Horray Marge! You will recieve a 5 dollar gift card to Starbucks.
Thanks for playing everyone!!
My sister just called to tell me that she read my blog and that I have no pride. I wonder why she thinks that? :)
I have the comments set to where I have to approve them first. That way no one can cheat and copy someone else's answers. First person to correctly answer all the questions wins the gift card. Good Luck!!
1. What nickname did this fictional character (pictured) call his wife (also pictured)?
2. On the Periodic Table of Elements, what does the symbol “Ag” represent?
3. Stemming from the Latin word for “ten”, what three-syllable word means “destroy”?
4. Whom did the Washburn Crosby Company create in 1921 as a way of promoting its flour and baking products?
5. What famous novel begins with the line “Call me Ishmael…” ?
6. Which male performer was awarded the very first gold record?
7. Which of the following does not belong in the list?
8. How many states begin with the letter “I”? Four
9. How long did the Hundred Years’ War last? 116 years
10. Germany is divided into how many states? 16
There it is everyone! The contest will end Friday night at 8pm. August 14, 2009. I will reveal the winner first thing Monday morning. It would be sooner but as I mentioned before, I won't have access to a computer because I will be at the Rich Mountain Association.
There might be a surprise giveaway to a random participant so enter even if the time is about up.