Monday, February 02, 2009

9 Months

Eily turned 9 months old yesterday so I thought it would be a good time for an update on all the girls and life out here.


Elaina has come out of her shell this past week. She is all talk all the time. And the sentences are so random. Her conversation with Grandma the other day went something like this: (no breathing in between sentences, remember.)

"Hi. I am three but when I am four I will be bigger like Audrey is bigger. And I will have bigger shoes. And I want to go outside and see the bookshelf, too. And I don't like zucchini. And I'm not supposed to touch my pee-pee because that's nasty." And so on and so forth. (Sorry if someone is offended but just keeping it real. ("PW")


Yesterday morning I picked out Elaina's clothes for church and put them on the bed and after I washed her hair I sent her in to her daddy to get dressed. I had picked out this lovely pink and black dress that I specifically remembered buying in a 5T size so that she could wear it all year. After she was dressed, I started blow drying her hair and noticed the buttons were about to pop off. I checked the size and it was a 24 months! I couldn't believe Jason had even gotten the thing on her. She begged not to take it off because it was her Princess Dress. So I figured if it didn't bother her, why bother?








Claire is just Claire. She is officially potty trained as of sometime this past week. She hasn't worn a pull-up in several days and she does have the occasional "askident" but usually there is a valid reason. It's so nice to finally have only one child in diapers. I realized Sunday that my brother-in-law's wedding was only 5 months away. Claire and Elaina are the flower girls and I think they will do fine but what am I going to do with Claire's hair??!!!! I am at a loss. Blow drying it with a round brush seems to help but there just isn't anything to work with. Sigh.



















Eily. My sweet, drooling, cuddly Eily. Smiley Eily. She is Daddy's Baby. Elaina's "stister" with the "little ears! Awww." She is crawling and pulling up all the time. She LOVES her mommy and has developed a little bit of shyness with most of the rest of her acquaintances. She'll dip her head down and look at them out of the corner of her eyes. I am soaking her up as much as I can b/c she won't be this size very long at all.




3 comments:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Don't you hate when you buy the wrong size! Ugh! Claire's hair is adorable. I love that pic of her looking over her shoulder by the way. Its a good one. Hey, check out this blog, and then click on the flower bows, they are soo cute!! http://thecraftymoms.blogspot.com

Debbi said...

how sweet.
you can get those round (ribbon covered) things that flower girls place on the crown of their heads and then it has long streamer ribbons hanging down the back. Those are very angelic and make the hair so cute.

Tommy said...

I always love to read these updates on the girls. I'm sure Claire's hair will be just fine for the wedding - tell her not to worry. :-)