Friday, February 06, 2009

Home Ec (That doesn't look right. Hmm.)

I finally persuaded Mom and Grandma to come help me sew my new curtains.














I use the word "help" very loosely.














As you can see, Elaina was very helpful as well as she showed us all her ballerina moves. She was almost as helpful as I was!














We had extra material so we...no no... Mom made a curtain for the kitchen window, too.













The somewhat finished product. I still need to get some brown/tan/beige material to make a drapey thing to go across the top. And I still need to make a throw pillow out of the extra material for the couch. And an apron. Come visit and see it in person!!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

very nice! I never knew that "dresser thing" was sewing machine!ha. I just thought it was a desk of sorts?????duh.
Very nice!!!!
Aunt Wanda Made a styrofoam shape (light and easy to mount above her curtains...and covered it with the material to make a great, expensive looking valance. Uncle Louis said it was Very easy to hang as well.
Might be easier for you to do with the topper you said you needed.
has a nice blocked (interior designer) look.
Elaina told me on the phone...that she had new, beautiful curtains...and I needed to come to her house and see them.ha. I wish!!!! love ya'll.

Tommy said...

very cool. Oh, and it's neat to know that I'm in two pictures right next to the front door. :-) makes me feel very special.

The Taylor family said...

Hey, they look great. I love finally getting a project done I have been wanting to do for a while. We have been in this house for a year now and I still have not gotten curtains for any of our windows!