Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's a Christmas Festival!!




Today I am participating in a Holiday Festival. It starts at 8am so I woke at the bright and early hour of 5:30 to shower and get loaded in the car.























 It takes a little over 30 minutes to get from my house to where the Festival is so I made sure I left in plenty of time to get here and get set up. There are about 12 vendors here and I am the only one that had to travel so far. Someone please tell me why it’s 8:12am and I am the only one that is ready and set up. All the women are frantically bustling around and I’m just sitting here taking it all in. I’ll probably update when I get bored.

8:20am
I’ve started thinking about how different men and women are. I tried to visualize a bunch of men all setting up booths of tools, car parts or grills and trying to make it all appealing. Perhaps a deer head or two placed just so. It just gets me all tickled inside. Jason would think this is all just a bunch of silliness if he were here and in some way I agree with him. There is garland and sparkly tablecloths and Christmas trees and one booth even has a little coffee table set up with two different kinds of coffee to choose from. Ok. That part isn’t silly. In fact, that would be Jason’s favorite thing about this festival.  We have jewelry, Home Interiors, Pampered Chef, Scentsy, Arbonne and many of the stores around town have set up booths. The lady to my left (who I think was in one of my old Girl Scout troops) is even selling rugs. Three tables full of rugs. Good luck, honey. What we don’t have are customers.  Oh! Correction. I just had my first customer.

8:42am
I just heard one woman say that it starts at 9am. That makes a lot more sense. The rug lady is bringing in more rugs. She has a cardboard box that says Rug Sale. Hmm. Who would have ever guessed?

8:44
I hear jingle bells!!

I wish someone were selling food.

8:55am
Hey! Someone is selling food!! Now I just have to find someone giving away money and I’ll be all set. I’ll for sure keep you posted about that.

9:56am
Rug lady sold a rug.
No free money to be found yet.

10:10am
I’m starting to covet one of Rug Lady’s rugs. Look away, self. Look away.
I’m also very, very hungry.




11:01am
Mom, Rachel, Leah and kiddos came by.  Rug lady is actually doing quite well. I’m not doing too bad myself.  I’m enjoying this time to just sit and think and occasionally visit with strangers. People can be very nice.































11:19am
Ugs should not be worn with hoodies.

11:25am
IPhoto can double as a mirror when you are sitting at a booth and want to check and make sure that the rooster tail on the back of your head isn’t sticking up again. I cut my hair very short. I don’t like it but the good thing is that my hair grows exceptionally fast so maybe I won’t have to deal with it being this hard to fix for very long.

11:55am
I’m growing weary. Mommy, mommy, where’s my food?
I need a nap.

12:22pm
Madam, please know that it is after noon. You should not be showing up here in your pajamas. Come on!

12:50pm
I’m starting to get bored. I should have brought a book with me for when there are no customers in the building. I just finished the first book of The Zion Chronicles and I am so anxious to start the second one. These books are just wonderful and it’s been long enough since last read them that it’s almost like reading for the first time all over again.


1:01pm
I have decided to sell rugs. This lady is making a killing!
I am drinking the worst tasting coffee but I need its warmth.  Sometimes you have to go through some unpleasantness to survive.

1:15pm
Has another hour passed, yet?

2:36pm
Rachel, Eli and Luke are here visiting. It’s nice.





















3:23pm
It’s been a very successful day. I booked 4 shows and sold several items. Now it’s just about time to pack up and I am more than ready. I miss my babies and my man. He took the girls to the Dollar Tree today and let them pick out a gift, a card and wrapping paper for my Christmas gift. How fun is that?  He also let them wrap it and he said you can really tell it was wrapped by little children. I can’t wait to see it!

4 comments:

nanny said...

Love the blog and pictures. But you did not mention, that your wonderful Dad brought you subway for lunch and even watched your booth long enough for you to excuse yourself for a bathroom break. He is such a good Dad. It would have been fun if someone came up to him to ask him about the products on your table.

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I don't think Jason would think it's silly, remember the booth they set up at the smithville jamboree..lol. Can't wait to see ya'll.

Rebekah Sacran said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the jamboree.
Is Monday night going to work for you?

Margaretta said...

I'm so glad to know that someone besides me uses their phone camera as a mirror. I've always wondered.