Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday already?

I am having so many issues with Blogger right now. I want to add a gadget on the left side and it just won't cooperate. Is anyone else having problems?


I have a confession and it's an embarrassing one. A few weeks back, I started the HCG diet along with my mom. I did it for about a week (maybe?) and then I had a guilt trip because I was feeding Nora goat milk more than nursing her and my milk supply was steadily decreasing. So I quit. Mom kept going like the disciplined solider that she is and once more I started completely nursing again. Nora's seemingly decreasing spitting-up came back with a flourish. And I should clarify that when I say spit-up I really mean gushing vomit. Obviously, the goat milk is easier for her little tummy to digest than breast milk so we decided to go ahead and put her on just a goat milk diet.

Since my milk supply didn't matter any more, I decided to get back on the HCG diet and lose the baby weight. Guess what? I was a total flop of a dieter. I did it for one day.

One. Day.

It's embarrassing to admit. But really, it wasn't good for me because I had very low energy on that diet and it was hard for me to keep up with the house and the girls. It was my very first time to try a diet and I failed. Miserably.
But my sister was doing Weight Watchers and I decided I would try that and see what happened. Guess what? I love it! It is so easy for me to do and I'm not hungry at all. Woo Hoo! I'm not a complete mess- diet wise.

I'm off to start painting my room at 9:30 at night. I never do these things sensibly.

4 comments:

Debbi said...

so glad you are doing the weight watchers diet. Most of our weight gain is not what we are eating...it is what we are NOT eating! this plan will give you well balanced nutrition that you need.
I'm weary of fad diets....they can mess with your metabolism...then you really have weight issues!

Melanie Hodges said...

Rebekah, I am so glad you are doing WW also! I have been doing it for a second time starting again this February. I am down almost 40 lbs and want to get down a WHOLE LOT MORE! It is so easy to me too. The first time, before the kiddos came along, I was down 70 lbs. WW works, but I have to tell myself, everything I am doing on WW I have to do for the rest of my life. This truly is a lifestyle change. Anyway, good luck and check in with me every now and then, and I will check in with you!

Debbi said...

Mom has been a WW leader for 30 years! It works!!! it is a lifestyle change and is GOOD FOR you for life:)

Debbi said...

I meant to say...good for the entire family for life.